Who benefits from United Way?
We all do.
As our area experiences the changes that come with increased numbers of newcomers, an aging population, economic ups and downs, changing social circumstances, and other unexpected situations, there is peace of mind in knowing that our community can - and will - take care of its own.
K-W United Way - What We Do:
"Giving is a gift to all involved.
Giving enables the recipient, empowers the giver, and
enlarges the heart of our entire community.
Please join me in supporting the United Way. "
UW President Feridun Hamdullahpur
- All that kids can be
- Healthy people, strong community
- From poverty to possibility
Channeled through these priorities, funds reach over 100+ programs and agencies in the KW region
Click to learn more about K-W United Way and their work in our community
UWaterloo 2012 Campaign Goal: $213,000
Click to see how we're doing so far
Psychology has proudly supported the United Way Campaign since 2003. Every year the faculty, staff, and graduate students in Psychology respond enthusiastically and contribute generously to raise funds for people in our community who are in need of help - and we have helped in a big way! Since 2003 Psychology has raised over $12,447 for United Way! Our fundraising efforts simply wouldn't be possible without your generous support, so Thank You!!!
PSYCHOLOGY'S 2012 CAMPAIGN
NEW THIS YEAR - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Details of all the fund-raising activities will be posted regularly on the event Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PsychologyUnitedWayFundraiser. Please ‘like’ us on Facebook so you don't miss any announcements regarding upcoming activities! We will also be initiating weekly mini-games on Facebook and there will be prizes for the winners. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for more details!
- starts Monday October 1st
- but you can purchase a card even after Bingo has started and use all the numbers already called
- each business day we roll three numbers and email all participating players
- cards are $5/sheet (2 bingo cards per sheet) or $12/3 sheets - available from Louise (PAS 4006) and Theresa (PAS 4053)
- Cash Prizes: one line wins $10, an inside square wins $15, a full card receives 30% of all Bingo proceeds with 70% going to United Way
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BINGO WINNERS!
One Line ($10): Dana Komar
Inside Square ($15): Laura-Lee Riordan
Full Card ($80): Tim Ireland
- choose any number between 1-75 and if yours is the last Bingo ball to roll, you win 50% of the Survivor Bingo proceeds!!
- one person per number
- you may purchase more than one number
- Survivor numbers must be purchased before Regular Bingo begins
OUR SURVIVOR BINGO WINNER IS: Laura-Lee Riordan wins $33!
|'THE' Annual Halloween Pizza Lunch|
A department tradition... not to be missed!!!
Wednesday October 31 at 12 noon
Pizza Lunch! $5/2 slices of pizza
Yummy Desserts! Treats and dessert baked and donated by our staff team
Costume Contest! Is your costume ready?!?!?!? Come dressed to impress our judges and win a prize!
Pumpkin Carving! Brought to you by GASP!
1. Keurig Elite Coffee Maker ($135 value)
Winner: Lisa McAughey (Alumni Affairs)
2. $100 cash (donated by Psych Dept)
Winner: Myra Fernandes (Psychology)
3. Drayton Entertainment - Two tickets to "The Love List" ($90 value)
Winner: Nathan MacLeod (pre-Psychology)
4. Dinner for Six - donated by DeliWorks ($65 value)
Winner: Tim Ireland (Library)
5. Retail Services Gift Certificate ($25 value)
Winner: James Danckert (Psychology)
6. Grad House Gift Certificate ($25 value)
Winner: Katrina Di Gravio (Organizational & Human Development)
THANK YOU to our generous donors!!
UW Psych Dept!
DeliWorks, a division of Party Solutions!
The Grad House!
Brought to you by GASP!
This year GASP has offered to help out the department with their annual United Way Fundraiser and sell Halloween candy grams (or Boo-grams, if you will). Candy grams can be purchased by anyone, and sent to anyone with a mailbox (or via someone with a mailbox - if so, please indicate whose mailbox you would like the candy gram sent to).
Candy gram forms are available for purchase through Amanda (4022), Vedran (2254), Dan (3201), and Sana (4230), and will cost $2 each. There will be a drop box in the mail room for completed forms.
Additionally, forms will be available for purchase in the mail room. Pick up blank candy gram forms from the mail room, put your completed candy gram in one of the provided envelopes, include your $2/form, seal it up, and drop it in the candy gram drop box!
Candy grams will be on sale until October 26th. All the proceeds from the candy grams will be donated to the department's United Way Fundraiser.
Thank You GASP! for all your hard work organizing and delivering the treat-a-grams and raising $168 for United Way!!!
|UW United Way Office|